LockedUnable to uninstall HyperSnap 7 - causing various issues when trying to use HyperSnap 6

Author
User
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/10/14 09:13:48 (permalink)

Unable to uninstall HyperSnap 7 - causing various issues when trying to use HyperSnap 6

My customer has a machine running HyperSnap 6. I have tried to uninstall version 7 but it will not let me. Tried a few uninstallers online but no luck.

This is causing various issues to the system;
  • After grabbing a screenshot the picture can sometimes turn itself upside down and back to front – as seen on the screenshot attached
  • When I try and edit the screenshot I’ve just grabbed, the programme stops and none of the editing tools work
  • Error messages appear when trying to save the picture
    • Once the error message has appeared any files I have already been able to save become corrupted

Other things worth mentioning are:
  • Both Hypersnap 6 and Hypersnap 7 appear to be installed on my machine however I was unable to uninstall either version of the tool.
I did manage to install an updated version of Hypersnap 6 (it had a new UI and seemed to work without issues) however after rebooting the computer this version disappeared and the older version with the above problems appeared again.

Thanks, please help?

Kelly

2 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Unable to uninstall HyperSnap 7 - causing various issues when trying to use HyperSnap 2015/10/14 10:49:28 (permalink)
    I completely don't understand what happens there. What kind of error message do you receive when you try to uninstall HyperSnap 7 or 6? What is the exact text of that message? The errors you describe with flipped images are something I have never seen before and for sure an error message appearing in the program cannot suddenly corrupt already saved files.

Maybe your computer system is low on disk space, and/or disk structure is corrupt? It would be best to run first a thorough disk checking routine on this system and let it repair the file and folder structure there, including replacing damaged disk sectors. If it is a work computer and you have some system administrators there, ask them to do the disk check and a thorough anti-virus scan, after updating your anti-virus software first. Ask also system administrator to uninstall programs for you, as the uninstall won't work if you don't have the Administrator password or rights in your account.

Greg
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Unable to uninstall HyperSnap 7 - causing various issues when trying to use HyperSnap 2015/10/14 10:49:58 (permalink)
    I completely don't understand what happens there. What kind of error message do you receive when you try to uninstall HyperSnap 7 or 6? What is the exact text of that message? The errors you describe with flipped images are something I have never seen before and for sure an error message appearing in the program cannot suddenly corrupt already saved files.

Maybe your computer system is low on disk space, and/or disk structure is corrupt? It would be best to run first a thorough disk checking routine on this system and let it repair the file and folder structure there, including replacing damaged disk sectors. If it is a work computer and you have some system administrators there, ask them to do the disk check and a thorough anti-virus scan, after updating your anti-virus software first. Ask also system administrator to uninstall programs for you, as the uninstall won't work if you don't have the Administrator password or rights in your account.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1