Author
nealep
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/07/24 11:23:19 (permalink)

Win 7 timed capture gives blank file

I have been using an older version hsdx (3.63.01) to do timed capture in Windows XP for many years.  The computers are doing data acquisition and are accessed remotely.  With XP I would start a timed capture (60 sec repeat) then disconnect, and capture continued normally.  Since XP is not supported anymore, I'm migrating to Win 7. With Win 7, captures works correctly only when I am actively connected to the PC.  As soon as I disconnect (still logged on), the capture continues but the saved file is blank.  To test if this is a version problem I downloaded the latest version and ran it in demo mode, but it does the same thing, i.e. capture files are blank if there is no connection to the PC. 

2 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Win 7 timed capture gives blank file 2015/07/24 14:39:18 (permalink)
    I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by "disconnect". Are you accessing your Windows 7 computer with some remote desktop client, which one? Is the local screen also running at the same time and showing the same things you see remotely, or not? Most probably it's a system and security enhancement in Windows 7, and I won't be able to work around it. However if I could reproduce your problem (given the exact instructions, software used etc.), maybe I'd come up with some useful suggestion.

Greg
    nealep
    User
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Win 7 timed capture gives blank file 2015/07/24 16:01:44 (permalink)
    Greg- Thanks for your response. I am using the Windows remote desktop client.  I think you are right, the problem is that the machine is set up to go to the 'ctrl+alt+del' screen after a period of inactivity and that's when we stop getting images.  I will work with local IT to see if we can stop that from happening.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1