Author
wrobertdavis
User
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2013/06/02 04:58:07 (permalink)

Slow response to begin capture

On one of the recent minor updates, I noticed that Hypersnap is very slow beginning a capture. For example, if I press the hotkey combination to begin regional capture (control-shift-R), it takes a full five seconds before the crosshairs appear to mark the first point of the regional capture.

4 Replies Related Threads

Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re:Slow response to begin capture 2013/06/02 08:29:12 (permalink)
    This is exactly what the "Extra delay" option on the "Capture" ribbon tab of HyperSnap 7 is supposed to do. Apparently you turned it accidentally on. It is used to capture e.g. some tooltips that disappear when you press any key or button - in such situation you turn on the extra delay, start the capture (e.g. Region capture), then within these 4 sec. move your key over something to show the tooltip and wait until the capture kicks in.

Greg
    wrobertdavis
    User
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Slow response to begin capture 2013/06/02 10:11:47 (permalink)
    Thanks!  That took care of it and I learned something.

Bob

Support

This is exactly what the "Extra delay" option on the "Capture" ribbon tab of HyperSnap 7 is supposed to do. Apparently you turned it accidentally on. It is used to capture e.g. some tooltips that disappear when you press any key or button - in such situation you turn on the extra delay, start the capture (e.g. Region capture), then within these 4 sec. move your key over something to show the tooltip and wait until the capture kicks in.

Greg

aoz
    User
    • Total Posts : 305
    Re:Slow response to begin capture 2015/07/04 07:12:08 (permalink)
    THANK the LORD for these forums !!!
    the past couple days, I noticed my machine, only ONE machine, was slow, 5 second response for regional capture.
    I came to the forum, and just typed the word "SLOW" in the search bar, and voila, this entry came ujp.

FIRST, thanks to the initial poster for a short concise description of the problem, because that is what made me click on the post.
    SECOND, thanks to the FORUM DESIGNER to allow such a single word search;  some forums will say "that is not enough detail, try again"

AND, third, thanks to greg, for a good product, and such an option, in the program, because I do have use for that feature at times, and now I know that
    1. I was not crazy, there was a change in capture speed
    2. there IS such an option
    3. my system did not probably have a memory blowout, etc

thanks
    nick

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re:Slow response to begin capture 2015/07/04 08:54:33 (permalink)
    :) I'm glad you've found your answer, Nick, and that your system did not have a memory blowout. I hope my own memory won't blow out any time soon either, trying to remember all the features I put into my products... Good luck to you with everything you do, and if you (or anyone else reading this today) is in the USA, happy 4th of July, Happy Birthday America!

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1