Reply to post

Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set.

Author
zzhirong
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2021/11/15 23:56:51 (permalink)

Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set.

I love this app very much, I have also bought a license through Amazon App Store, I have listened many books through this app. But some behaviors of this app confused me very much, I use Microsoft Azure voices as voice engine, It has different voices for different language, for example, for Chinese, there are zh-CN-XiaohanNeural, zh-CN-XiaomoNeural etc. Every time I lost the connection to voice server and after the connection was recovered some time, this app ask me to "how to manage voice" instead of using my last choice automatically, and when I choose the Use Microsoft Azure voices, it forgot the voice I chose last time, for example, I prefer the third voice of Amazon Azure voices for Chinese, but it choose the first voice the moment I choose "use Microsoft Azure voices". In briefly, I need to choose the voice again and again every time I lost connection for some short time.

The second confusing behavior happened when I do a bookmark action through the "Next" button of my headset, I use the "Next" button for doing bookmark function, after I pressed the "Next" button of my headset, there is a long delay, I occasionally heard "bookmark was set" for some time, but it was silent for most of the time, I guessed that after I pressed "Next" button, the playing was paused, the sentence was bookmarked/highlighted, then this app went to voice server to fetch the voice of "bookmark was set"(but because of my poor connection to foreign voice server, there is a long delay(about 3s)), then playing is resumed.

What I wanted?
1. Is there any way to remember my choice(includes specific TTS server and voice) , use the voice when device is online, pause when device is offline, use the voice again when my device goes online again instead asking me to choose a voice again.
2. Is there any way to speedup the "bookmark" function, It not a good experience to have to wait for 3 seconds to bookmark a sentence. Maybe play a regular "ding" sound after bookmark is set instead of fetching the voice from voice server, or cache the voice of sentence being playing instead of fetching it again after bookmark is set to reduce some latency.

By the way, my device is Hisense A5, with android version 9, runs Voice Read Aloud 24.3.2.

5 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set 2021/11/16 08:43:54 (permalink)
    Thank you, I'll consider such changes in the future version of @Voice. At this time I cannot commit to any specific timeframe of these changes.

Greg
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set 2021/12/07 16:51:38 (permalink)
    I fixed the problem with remembering the cloud voice, when it was interrupted due to network loss. The fix is in @Voice ver. 25.1.5. This version is right now on this site, click https://hyperionics.com/atVoice. Google approval is still pending at the moment of this writing, but hope they will approve the new listing soon and it will then appear in Google Play too.
    zzhirong
    User
    Re: Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set 2021/12/09 22:48:26 (permalink)
    It works, it did remember the cloud voice now, but when there is network loss, the player is paused, when the network is recovered, I pressed the play button, it takes me to settings interface, it switches to "Use our Voice Manager" automatically, so I have to choose "Use Microsoft Azure Voices" manually, but I don't need to choose the voice any more(thanks to your effort). So it did save much effort for me, It would be wonderful if it try the voice before pausing and bring me to Settings interface when it fails. Anyway, thanks for you work.

And the second issue, use the Next button of headset to do the bookmark function, after I press the Next button of headset, I encounter three new problems:
    1. I heard two voices simultaneously playing(one or two times a day, I can't reproduce it).
    2. Do nothing, totally ignore the Next button.
    3. Jump to next chapter which annoys me very much. Maybe It caused by I pressed many times of Next button in short time, due to the second problem.
    I currently try to work around the problem by using Automate App to click the bookmark button and click the play button automatically to do the Bookmark function, but it needs to keep the screen on. I use @Voice mostly when I do house work and walk, I control the App through my headset instead of interface for the most of the time, look forward to hear Bookmark function through Next button feature get stabilized.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set 2021/12/10 08:31:40 (permalink)
    I probably should never allow the redirection of headset buttons to do other things. I think I will remove this option in the next release, if it does not work reliably. 
    zzhirong
    User
    Re: Voice go back to first one automatically and there is a delay after a bookmark was set 2021/12/11 21:33:23 (permalink)
    Oh, no, This is the feature I use the most, maybe someone else also like it very much and without problems i had encountered, please keep it, what i complain just hope it helps, but do not want to annoy you and make you decide to remove the feature. I have got used to some unreliability, please just ignore my complains and do something else.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1