Read aloud voice extn firefox fails to get google auth

Author
ScottQ
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2021/02/16 12:26:20 (permalink)

Read aloud voice extn firefox fails to get google auth

Does the prompt "You need to grant additional permissions to enable Google Wavenet voices" when trying to select from the "Google Standard and Google Wavenet voices" list still work? I Press the "Grant" button but nothing happens. I am using Firefox 52.9 ESR (note: I can't upgrade). I tried all the older XPI and grant button does not work as I still keep getting prompt. Microsoft USA Anna works ok but I would like to try Google AUS EN Daniel

Is it due to Google changing security API and breaking the OAuth screen for older extensions. There is no confirmation that Authorize was successful (usually it triggers an email alert from Google confirming access was just granted). 

Is anyone using it successfully on Firefox 52.9 or higher?

Item 2:
The context menu "Read aloud selected text" does not start reading.
Are the short cut keys meant to work in reading pop-up (ie where it shows what text is being read) or on main web page I am viewing when I try them the pop-up closes
post edited by ScottQ - 2021/02/16 12:35:25

1 Reply Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Read aloud voice extn firefox fails to get google auth 2021/02/16 13:39:19 (permalink)
    I have never seen the prompt "You need to grant additional permissions to enable Google Wavenet voices", my app, @Voice Aloud Reader, never shows such prompt. I really don't know where and how it originates. The link that you included with your post to "Google Standard and Google Wavenet voices" also is not linked with my product, it belongs to some other product, apparently named "Read Aloud Browser extension". Please contact the makers of that product for further support.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1