Reply to post

option to lock dimension - move a shape or selection only vertically or only horizontally

Author
Artur Classer
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2014/10/04 06:54:13 (permalink)

option to lock dimension - move a shape or selection only vertically or only horizontally

Hello to all!

Is there in Hypersnap option to temporarily lock moving a shape or a selected fragment only in one dimension? Say, I press some magic button - and than when I move a shape or a selection with mouse, it slides strictly only in horizontal (left or right) direction and any my (involuntary) deviations in the vertical dimension (up or down) will be ignored.

It seems (although I'm not quite sure), I have read something of such option at this forum or may be in Hypersnap manual, but can not now to recall, where and what exactly.

Thanks in advance!
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Scores: 6
Re: option to lock dimension - move a shape or selection only vertically or only horizonta 2014/10/04 08:19:32 (permalink)
Yes, there is. On the Setup ribbon tab, make sure that the "Mouse keys" button is pressed (it is by default). Then, move the mouse over that shape until the "move" cursor appears - it should look like the regular big arrow cursor, but have small arrows pointing in 4 directions at the tip of the arrow. At this time normally you could press the left mouse button and while holding it, move the shape around.

Now: we will use arrow keys instead. While the "move" cursor is still showing, do not press any mouse keys - instead press the Enter key on the keyboard. This emulates pressing and holding the left mouse button. Still don't touch the mouse at all - just press the arrow keys on the keyboard (you may press and hold any of them) to move the shape in that direction. When done, press the Enter key again to "release" the shape.

Greg
Artur Classer
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
Re: option to lock dimension - move a shape or selection only vertically or only horizonta 2014/10/06 06:13:07 (permalink)
Thank you!

This solution suits only for shapes (what I asked for).

But is there any similar solution when moving a regular rectangular selection?
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Scores: 6
Re: option to lock dimension - move a shape or selection only vertically or only horizonta 2014/10/06 08:22:07 (permalink)
It is exactly the same procedure. Just select an area, then move mouse cursor over it and proceed with the "arrow keys" instructions as described in the previous message.

Greg
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1