User
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2014/02/26 17:18:38 (permalink)

The data area passed to a system call is too small

While trying to upload an image with FTP I get this error:

Error: could not connect to FTP server.
The data area passed to a system call is too small.

I have triple checked my server settings and I also confirmed they work with 2 different FTP programs.

What are the possible reasons for this error? I have seen it before... a long time ago, but I forgot how we fixed it. :( 
Support
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 4492
  • Scores: 29
Re: The data area passed to a system call is too small 2014/02/27 08:38:02 (permalink)
I have no idea why this error pops out on your system. Does this happen when you try to connect to any ftp server, or just one specific server? What are the exact options that you set in FTP dialog box? I don't need your server address, username and password, of course, but any other options you set there might be an issue...

Greg
Support
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 4492
  • Scores: 29
Re: The data area passed to a system call is too small 2014/02/27 08:45:05 (permalink)
What I wrote previously (below) is not correct. Just double-checked it, and for some stupid reason the same error message appears when you just enter a wrong password. So look what else the message says, below the "data area passed to a system call..." and tell me that too.

--- previous answer - wrong ---
OK, I think I know what the problem is: do you have spaces in the file name field? If so, get rid of them or else escape them (URI encode) with %20. I'll correct the code by escaping invalid characters in file names for the next version.
Greg
post edited by Support - 2014/02/27 08:54:48
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1