Author
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Scores: 6
  • Reward points: 0
2014/02/17 10:30:06 (permalink)

How to control HyperSnap ribbon from the keyboard

If you use HyperSnap the with ribbon interface, you will find out it's also very easy to control it from the keyboard, without touching mouse to select the most often used controls. This can be also used to control the program from scripts that can send key events to different windows.

1. Press the Alt key on the keyboard and release it. You will notice white key labels appearing next to the ribbon tabs of HyperSnap: F for File, C for the Capture tab etc.
2. Press the letter of the tab you need to open or operate. Even if that tab is already opened, press it's letter anyway - e.g. press C to open the "Capture" tab.
3. Now you will notice a similar white labels appear next to each button or control on the selected ribbon tab. Most buttons have just one letter, some may have two. Press the one or two letters in the label to simulate clicking that button or control.

That's all. If you notice some keyboard shortcuts that you need missing for certain commands, contact us and we'll add them to the next release.

Greg
post edited by Admin - 2014/02/17 10:34:22

3 Replies Related Threads

TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: How to control HyperSnap ribbon from the keyboard 2014/02/18 06:02:09 (permalink)
    Addendum to Greg's information.
    Please note, that the mouse pointer HAS TO BE somewhere in the ribbon. You cannot invoke the shortcuts when the mousepointer is within the workspace.

The following concerns users of the German version. I cannot speak for other localizations.
    Also note that the German localization has many different shortcuts according to the German words connected with it.
    ALT F (for file menu) is ALT D for Datei menu. Due to some double entries or simply not enough available letters the German keyword are not consistently present. Some have the English letter even if the German word is used.

I have one example present:
    ALT B M = Bild Spiegeln (Picture Mirror). The word Spiegeln has no M in it, but the word Mirror has. As the letter S was already in use for Streifen (Stripes) I had to use some other Letter. In this case I used the one already present - and available.

I try to keep the German localization up to par when I encounter discrepancies I can fix. Please do not send requests to update German shortcuts. If it is possible to "translate" them, I already did.

Somewhat funny to write a comment in English that is interesting only for our German readers. You know what I mean.

Thomas
    The Lesser Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re: How to control HyperSnap ribbon from the keyboard 2014/02/18 08:09:59 (permalink)
    Hi Thomas,
    this is not quite accurate. As long as HyperSnap window has "keyboard focus" (was last clicked on), the cursor can be anywhere on the screen, and the keyboard shortcuts work as described above... Just tested it here also on the German version. Press and release the Alt key - you'll see the tab shortcuts (for the German version A, Z, M, B, E, K), press any of these letters etc. It works no matter where the cursor is.

In English I encountered the same problems, where certain letters would have to be repeated for different commands. In such cases I used two letters to activate one command. For example, on the Capture (Aufnahme) tab, the Copy, Save and Print check-boxes have two letter shortcuts, in the German version they are QK, QS and QP. So, in German version again, to toggle the "Quick Copy" option, one would need to press the following keys, again, no matter where the cursor is: Alt, Z, Q, K (in English version: Alt, C, Q, C)

Again, note that in the above key sequence, each key must be pressed and released separately for this to work. It is not Alt+Z or Alt+C pressed together, but separately: Alt pressed and released, then Z (or C) pressed and released etc.

Greg

post edited by Support - 2014/02/18 08:12:14
    TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: How to control HyperSnap ribbon from the keyboard 2014/02/19 00:18:30 (permalink)
    Hello Greg and all other readers,
    I stand corrected. HS works as Greg stated in his posting.
    I still have to use v7.23.00 at work. With THAT version I can not invoke the shortcuts from the workspace. The current version however does it exactly as described.
    Thomas
    The Lesser but learning Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1