Author
rondunnjr
User
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2020/05/29 22:36:24 (permalink)

FTP upload not working with SSH - SFTP

My webhost recently updated my webserver to be PCI compliant and that required using SSH/SFTP for file uploads.

How do set up Hypersnap to do such?

I've changed the port number and changed the URL to sftp.mydomain.com but get errors when trying to upload an image.

4 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: FTP upload not working with SSH - SFTP 2020/05/30 05:15:03 (permalink)
    I'm not sure. In the code I use Microsoft provided high level function FtpPutFile() which uploads the file, and after consulting the documentation, they don't mention SSH, SFTP or other secure protocols at all. Maybe all you need to do is to correctly set the port number (there is an entry box next to FTP Server field for that). Ask your system admin for the correct values. However apparently you tried it and it did not work... You could use instead a free app like WinSCP instead to upload your files.
    rondunnjr
    User
    Re: FTP upload not working with SSH - SFTP 2020/05/31 15:26:22 (permalink)
    Major bummer. The FTP upload is the main reason I've used Hypersnap for around 15 years. :(

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: FTP upload not working with SSH - SFTP 2020/06/02 10:31:03 (permalink)
    Well, with WinSCP, it's as easy as grabbing an image thumbnail in HyperSnap Thumbnails bar, dragging and dropping it on WinSCP window, and it gets uploaded and saved on your server. You can even select several thumbnails and drag - drop them in one move. You don't have to save them first locally, really a lot easier than even the "FPT Upload" function on HyperSnap menu...
    rondunnjr
    User
    Re: FTP upload not working with SSH - SFTP 2020/06/03 22:00:18 (permalink)
    Ah... but with Hypersnap FTP I could upload an image directly to my web server. I would copy the URL from Hypersnap and paste it into my web site or forum accordingly. Also: Only 1 application to manage vs. additional WinSCP app.

It's all good. This is not Hypernap's fault. I am still using Hypersnap. I just wish there was a way to make it work with my secure server.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1