Fixing Bible chapter : verse quotation reading as hours : minutes
I had several complains similar to this one: @Voice reads "JEREMIAH 29 : 11" as "JEREMIAH 29 hrs 11 min...".
This can be again easily fixed with @Voice and TTS+ Plugin "Edit Speech" feature. Here are instructions for the @Voice app:
- press the Menu button on your device, or the 3 vertical dots at top right corner, choose "Settings" form the menu that appears, and press "Edit speech" on the list that appears.
- on the next screen, press the button + sign on it near the top.
- press into the "Type:" field near the top and select "Regular Expression (RegEx)
- press the "Pattern: field and type _exactly_ this text in it:
- Press the “Replace” field and type into it something like this:
chapter $1 verse $2
- Optionally you can replace the words “chapter” and “verse” with something else or skip them completely. If entered as show, @Voice app would read this text: “JEREMIAH 29 : 11” as “JEREMIAH chapter 29 verse 11”. Leave the "Replace" field empty if you would prefer not to read these numbers at all.
- If the keyboard is still shown, press the Back button once to hide it, then press the “Save” button at the bottom. Go back to your test and listen if it now speaks as you would like to.
post edited by Admin - 2019/01/04 21:25:18