arjfca
User
  • Total Posts : 45
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/07/15 10:19:20 (permalink)

Command line: Start/wait: Proper way to use it

Hello

What is the proper way to use "Start/wait"   I need Hypersnap to take a window snap then save before the next command to open the file is activated

At the moment, Hypersnap try to open the file before the snap was taken.  How could I code to have Hypersnap to wait until the snap process is finished before going to try opening the new file

Martin

Snap:
retval = Shell(("C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperSnap 7\HprSnap7.exe " & " -newwin -snap:window -save:png " & LocationOfTheChart ))

Open the file
 If shiftkey(True) Then retval = Shell(("C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperSnap 7\HprSnap7.exe -wait -Open:" & SnapFileName))

1 Reply Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Command line: Start/wait: Proper way to use it 2016/07/15 14:09:40 (permalink)
    I believe that your Shell commands may not be correct, because there are spaces in the path to HyperSnap 7 executable. Consult your programming language (Visual Basic or something?) for a correct way of handling such situations.

It is not necessary to first save the snap, then open it with another command. If you execute something like:

HprSnap7.exe -snap:window

the window selection will be executed, and then what you captured will be automatically opened in HyperSnap 7.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1