Author
SMMstrategist
User
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2013/02/17 16:59:24 (permalink)

Hypersnap hangs when using Office 2007 specifically Outlook

I am using version 7.23.02 of Hypersnap. Lately I have noticed very bad things happening when I attempt to use Hypersnap when using Office 2007. It happens sometimes when using Word or Excel but EVERY TIME when I run Outlook.

Both Outlook and Hypersnap start hanging up and I end up having to close and reboot my system sometimes to clear up the issue.
This is frustrating...because I often need both apps open at the same time.
Either a recent update to HS or MS has caused this conflict.

OS/ Win 7 64x

3 Replies Related Threads

Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re:Hypersnap hangs when using Office 2007 specifically Outlook 2013/02/18 08:33:53 (permalink)
    Hi,
    I don't know what could be wrong. Did not observe anything like this myself, and have no signals from other users of such conflict. The only thing that could affect other programs, at least in theory (as in practice I don't see any such interaction) is if you enabled the TextSnap feature. TextSnap hooks into other programs to be able to capture text from them, when you ask for it. Click the "TextSnap" tab in HyperSnap 7 ribbon, if it still displays a message of not being supported anymore, click OK, then see if there are any check-marks in "Plain Text", "Formatted (RTF)" and "Tab delimited" fields. If there are, click to remove all these check-marks. Then maybe click File/Exit menu to make HyperSnap 7 exit and store these settings permanently, restart it, see if not the problem is gone. If not, then the problem must be elsewhere, not with HyperSnap 7.

Greg
    SMMstrategist
    User
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Hypersnap hangs when using Office 2007 specifically Outlook 2013/11/19 12:36:40 (permalink)
    Ok...looks like the culprit was Textsnap ...I had the Plain Text and Formatted RFT checked. This wreaks havoc with Outlook ANY VERSION.  You should definitely make a point of telling users about this issue....
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Hypersnap hangs when using Office 2007 specifically Outlook 2013/11/19 13:02:48 (permalink)
    Thank you for checking this. I do tell users that TextSnap is no longer supported when they try to enable it, but for some older apps it still works and there are people who still want to use it, so I let them.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1