Author
dsdsds
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2021/01/30 04:18:12 (permalink)

2 bugs

(version 22.6.5, Google Cloud voices)

- When I'm listening to a page (with my usual Italian Google Cloud voice), if I share a new page "adding" it to the queue, it immediately (unwantedly) starts to read this new page (with an English voice) while the (Italian) voice of the first page continues to talk!

- If I listen to a page of the queue until the end, and then begin to listen to it again, the blue progress bar resets while I expected it to stay fully blue.

5 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: 2 bugs 2021/01/30 05:23:56 (permalink)
    The first one seems to be indeed a bug, thank you for reporting this so exactly and with the app version number! I'll look into it and try to find a fix.

The second - the app works as expected, the blue progress bar shows the current reading position. It will also reset and show a different position even without reading aloud, if you just open and read text from the screen, scroll to some place (say 50%) and double-tap there to highlight the sentence. Upon double tap, the app may start reading aloud or not, depending on your settings under "Speech settings", but the progress bar will update anyway.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: 2 bugs 2021/01/30 05:28:28 (permalink)
    Also: if upon pressing "@Voice Add to list" the app starts immediately reading the added page, check @Voice Settings menu - Share icons, text and reading lists - under Show "Add to list" icon... item, turn off the option "Read in background after adding to list". Please let me know if it was enabled. However, the app should definitely stop reading the previous page in this case, which seems to be the bug to fix.
    dsdsds
    User
    Re: 2 bugs 2021/01/30 05:52:08 (permalink)
    Admin
    Also: if upon pressing "@Voice Add to list" the app starts immediately reading the added page, check @Voice Settings menu - Share icons, text and reading lists - under Show "Add to list" icon... item, turn off the option "Read in background after adding to list". Please let me know if it was enabled. However, the app should definitely stop reading the previous page in this case, which seems to be the bug to fix.

Nice settings.  I have both the "background" settings disabled, however I expect and prefer the "@Voice Add to list" to wait until the currently reading page finishes.
    I usually add multiple pages before a (single) long listening session and I expect to start listening as soon as I add the first page via "@Voice Aloud Reader", then I'd want to add in queue the other pages without breaking the lecture of the first page, expecting to listen to them in the correct sequence after the first page finishes.

dsdsds
    User
    Re: 2 bugs 2021/01/30 06:18:51 (permalink)
    By the way, the default list is named "Predifinito" that is a typo, as the correct Italian word is "Predefinito".   How can I rename it?

I'd also like to read aloud a page in the list by single short tapping on it. Is it possible?
    Currently I have to long tap on it and then tap the "play" icon on the bottom, to read aloud the page.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: 2 bugs 2021/01/30 07:02:48 (permalink)
    I corrected the Italian translation right now, the change will be in the next version. However it may be a little bit confusing when you update: a new list named "Predefinito" will be probably created and empty, while the "Predifinito" will continue to exist as before... Sorry about this. I think I now fixed the problem with unintending reading in two voices at once etc. The change will be in ver. 22.6.6 or any newer, I'll built it shortly and upload to the beta-test area in Google Play. Thank you for your help!

Short tap on the reading list just highlights the current article, in case you wanted to somehow manage it (e.g. delete, move up or down etc.), so long-press or highlight and press on the > button at bottom-right is necessary.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1