Reply to post

Hot!Opacity Option Greyed Out (unavailable) in Image-Substitute-Color Dialog Box

Author
Paul Miller
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/06/07 17:13:41 (permalink)

Opacity Option Greyed Out (unavailable) in Image-Substitute-Color Dialog Box

When I attempt to change colors using the Image-Substitute-Colors dialog box, I almost always get the "Set opacity of the new colors" part of the box "greyed out" and unavailable for use.  In a few rare instances it has not been greyed out, and I was able to use it, but I cannot figure out what makes it work in a way that is consistently usable.  When making these kind of changes, I always save the file as a GIF so the opacity / transparency information is supposed to be saved with the image.  This same behavior shows on my corporate environment machine running 7.29.94 and also my personal home machine running an up to date self-purchased 8.13.00.

Thank you in advance for your help

3 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Opacity Option Greyed Out (unavailable) in Image-Substitute-Color Dialog Box 2017/06/07 17:51:00 (permalink)
    Change the image format to 32-bits per pixel, other formats (24 bpp and less) do not support opacity. One way to do this in HyperSnap is on the Image tab - Resize button - Colors: change selection to 32 Bit Color. Another: Image tab - Resolution in the "Colors" section.
    Paul Miller
    User
    • Total Posts : 0
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Opacity Option Greyed Out (unavailable) in Image-Substitute-Color Dialog Box 2017/06/07 18:22:12 (permalink)
    Thank you, that did the trick.  Is there a setting to make the default be 32 bit to begin with, at capture time ?  I would have expected something in the Capture Settings area, but did not find it there.
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Opacity Option Greyed Out (unavailable) in Image-Substitute-Color Dialog Box 2017/06/14 19:22:52 (permalink)
    By default HyperSnap should capture 32-bit image format on modern machines. However, it could be that you enabled automatic saving (under Capture Settings - Quick Save), e.g. to JPEG format or any other 24-bits per pixel format? In such case the image would be converted after capture to 24 bpp to save it. Change the automatic saving to PNG 32-bpp format instead...
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1