Reply to post

Using Tasker to read the news every morning.

Author
fleapower
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/01/15 12:53:42 (permalink)

Using Tasker to read the news every morning.

I'm trying to figure out how to have Tasker automatically start Voice Aloud an read a specific web page each morning when I connect to my car's Bluetooth.  I have everything else figured out, but can anyone help with how to start Voice Aloud from Tasker and read the desired web page?  I'm sure I'm not the first person to try to do this, but my searches have come up empty except for some references (without instructions) to doing this.  Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Using Tasker to read the news every morning. 2017/01/15 13:18:40 (permalink)
    I don't know how Tasker works, but you could send a "share" intent with http address to @Voice, or set it up to open web links, through menu - Settings - Share icons, text and reading list - turn on the option to "Register to open web links". Then see if that helps with Tasker - again I don't know Tasker, never had any need to use it. If you discover something useful, please post here, thanks!

Greg
    fleapower
    User
    • Total Posts : 0
    Re: Using Tasker to read the news every morning. 2017/01/16 12:37:41 (permalink)
    That worked!  Here is what I did:

1)  In @Voice, go to Settings -> Share icons, text and reading list -> Register to open web links.
    2)  In Tasker, set up a new profile with a condition to run when I connect to the Bluetooth in my car between midnight and 11am (mornings, only).
    3)  Create a task to run using Autoshare (download the plugin from Google Play).
    4)  Under "Find Compatible Apps," choose the @Voice Aloud Reader.
    5)  Under the "Text," enter the link of the news (or whatever page) you would like read.
    6)  Back all the way out to Tasker.
    7)  Long press on the profile to set up a cooldown time of 12 hours to prevent it from running again until the next morning.

Thanks for the help!
    post edited by fleapower - 2017/01/19 13:24:19
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Using Tasker to read the news every morning. 2017/01/17 14:32:35 (permalink)
    Great, happy to hear that you've found a solution, and thank you for sharing it with us. Hopefully other people fill find it useful too! Good luck with everything you do!

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1