Feature Request: More granular/smooth auto scroll

Author
mmcc
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/11/05 01:53:25 (permalink)

Feature Request: More granular/smooth auto scroll

Currently when the reader is auto-scrolling while doing text-to-speech, after it reads the sentence at the bottom of the screen, it abruptly goes to the next page, removing all previous sentences from the view. Which is a pain when you wanted to check the last sentence that was spoken. 

Can the auto scroll be more granular, so rather than page, it scrolls every line or every sentence?

1 Reply Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Feature Request: More granular/smooth auto scroll 2016/11/05 09:48:48 (permalink)
    I cannot scroll lines or words, because Android TTS does not tell me where exactly it is when speaking a sentence. It only notifies me when the sentence is finished. I also cannot send it smaller chunks of text, smaller than one complete sentence, because then speech, intonation and pauses are not correct. I guess I could scroll in such a way that the currently read sentence remains at the bottom, instead of jumping to the top, but there is a lot of work to modify this code, so I'd only do it if more people ask for such feature...

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1