Losing place in reading list when phone reboots

Author
mmcc
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/11/05 01:48:56 (permalink)

Losing place in reading list when phone reboots

It didn't happen before, but noticed since a while back (A month? Not sure) that I started losing place in my reading list after my phone reboots IF the app is not exited with menu>exit before the phone is rebooted. All other settings seem to be preserved, such as interface and bookmarks. 
---
Phone: Doogee X5
Android version: 5.1

8 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/05 09:33:06 (permalink)
    What exactly is lost - the current sentence in the current article (e.g. it returns to the start of article), or maybe it even loses the track of what was the last read article?
    Also, is the app speaking aloud when your reboot and the problem happens, or is it paused? The more details I have to reproduce the problem, the better.

Will try to reboot my phones a few times like this to see if I can reproduce the problem, thanks!
    post edited by Admin - 2016/11/05 09:35:39
    mmcc
    User
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/05 19:20:53 (permalink)
    Loses track of what was read in the last article. The app opens the introduction to @voice loud help file when it starts like it does by default on new install.

Happens when the app is paused. 
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/05 19:33:17 (permalink)
    Do you run any kind of system "cleaner" app, like Power Clean, Clean Master or similar? They tend to delete files in our data folders, which could cause such loss of data. Please tell me if you do use any such cleaner, and which exactly. Usually you can enter "exceptions" into such apps to leave certain files or folders intact. If you can, enter there the entire @Voice data folder and mark to preserve all content in its sub-folders as well.
    mmcc
    User
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/05 21:44:00 (permalink)
    No. I do have avast and ES File explorer which comes with cleaner components but I have them disabled. Also, exiting the app through the menu seems to prevent that data loss so I don't think it's system cleaners.
    mmcc
    User
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/05 22:37:07 (permalink)
    Just noticed an oddity. After a reboot when reading progress was lost, exiting the app through the exit menu item, then restarting it seems to partially restore the progress. It opens the text file that was being read, and resumes reading at a place before the exact place I left off.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/07 14:43:34 (permalink)
    What are the exact steps to reproduce this error? I'm trying on 3 devices, but cannot. Understand that @Voice is not exited, but is it up on the screen when you reboot? Or is the screen off? Is it reading aloud when you reboot or not? Or is @Voice in the background (reading or not?) but some other app is in front? Please, if possible tell me exactly what you do when this happens.

Greg
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/07 15:11:55 (permalink)
    Additional questions: Where is your @Voice data folder located - on the main phone memory, or on an external SD card? What kind of SD card, is it large, fast or something relatively slow? I'm trying to understand all the issues, maybe there is something like a timing issue, where it reads data too slowly... Even looked at used Doogee X5 phones on eBay, $65... but could be that I spend the money and still won't be able to reproduce and understand the issue... Is there anything else you can think of to help me reproduce this issue?

Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Losing place in reading list when phone reboots 2016/11/07 16:12:32 (permalink)
    I actually have some code change that I'd like you to test and tell me if it fixes the problem... If you'd like to help with this testing, please email me (atVoice@hyperionics.com) reminding of this forum exchange, and tell me the Google account email that you use to activate your phone, download apps from Google Play etc. I could then tell you how to download @Voice test version from Google Play.
    post edited by Admin - 2016/11/07 16:13:46
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1