Author
Caveman
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/04/05 16:35:58 (permalink)

Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap?

Looking to use Hypersnap to frame grab video then add an overlay that we have created.  Can HyperSnap add an overlay?
Thanks!
Caveman

8 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/05 18:20:34 (permalink)
    If the overlay has transparent parts (alpha channel with total or partial transparency where you want to see the original image, opaque where you want to see your overlay), then just copy the overlay image, then paste onto the original image and it should work... Try HyperSnap 8 without a license or if the "unregistered" stamps bother you and prohibit testing, email me for a temporary license key.

However, in HyperSnap this would work only for single images (like photos, or single frames captured from a video). If you need a tool for adding overlays to actual video files, the same operation would have to be applied on each frame. You would need a good video editing software for this, not HyperSnap.

Greg
    post edited by Admin - 2016/04/05 18:23:05
    Caveman
    User
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/05 18:56:24 (permalink)
    Excellent Greg and thanks!

We don't need semi transparency at this time.  The overlay will be fully opaque.

We're about done for the day today, so I'll download HyperSnap 8 tomorrow and see if the workflow is what we need.  We have about 45 seconds to find a good frame from the video, grab it, put the overlay on then save the still to a flash drive before the guest walks in to see it and their full motion video.

If it works we'll buy at least 2 licenses.

Thanks again!
    Trip
    TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/06 00:40:50 (permalink)
    Hi Trip,
    just a short caveat (couldn't resist) about 32 and 64 bit.
    If you use hardware like a scanner (TWAIN or VIA), the device might not show in HyperSnap. If the device only works with a 32 bit driver you have to install the 32 bit HyperSnap. Same goes for 64 bit.
    Good thing is, you can install both on the system parallely. You find all available versions on the download page.
    Thomas
    The Lesser Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    Caveman
    User
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/06 14:22:15 (permalink)
    Thanks Thomas and Greg!

I've bought the key, configed the setup but it is not saving the configuration to use a stamp every time.  If I close and reopen HyperSnap 8 the "Auto-insert selected stamps on newly captured images" is unchecked, even if I run and save configuration as Administrator.

Any way to keep the stamp on when it opens?

As you can see it does an EXCELLENT job when it works.  

Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/06 14:38:48 (permalink)
    I turn off such auto-modify options when you exit and restart HyperSnap deliberately, as there were many users who e.g. experimented with stamps, turned to auto-insert option on, then complained that the program is broken because it adds some junk to captures.
    To have this option preserved and turned on, please modify the shortcut or icon you use to start HyperSnap with: right-click the shortcut or icon, select "Properties" from the menu. Next, on the "Shortcut" tab of the Properties window, click into the "Target" text field. Press the End button on the keyboard to go to the very end of the text, just beyond the closing double quote. Type one space, followed by -ra characters. The entire Target field should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\HyperSnap 8\HprSnap8.exe" -ra

Then press the OK button. Not set the Auto-Insert stamp option once, use File/Exit menu in HyperSnap for a good measure, to make sure the option is saved. Then start HyperSnap again with the shortcut you modified and the option will be still on.

Greg
    Caveman
    User
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/06 15:27:11 (permalink)
    Thanks Greg!
    That worked!
    You guys come on by and try the Terror Dactyl giant canyon swing at Cave of the Winds caveofthewinds.com if you're in the area!

Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/06 15:35:08 (permalink)
    Great to hear this, thanks! Your photos look like fun, must definitely visit next time we're around Colorado Springs! Thanks and good luck to you with everything you do!

Greg
    Caveman
    User
    Re: Can I overlay a graphic with Hypersnap? 2016/04/06 15:44:54 (permalink)
    Indeed!  We'll be buying at least a couple more licenses for some other rides!
    Blessings and take care!
    Trip
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1