Author
ihQKXF
User
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2013/01/17 22:34:59 (permalink)

Capture native Windows Vista/7 shadow

Creating a new thread as there doesn't appear to be a way to reply to my original thread with the same title.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, and that helps, but I would still like...

1) Support to capture native shadow, and automatically add a fake identical one where the real one can't be captured. ie. I don't want to have to work out what the correct shadow settings are when capturing entire windows/dialogs, HyperSnap should do that for me automatically.

2) An option to clear background (similar to clear transparency), but keep the title bar colour (ie. I would like the clear transparency option, but have a white background so the window border colour still exists (light blue in a default Win 7 installation)).

Window Clippings and WinSnap do this without any thought on my part, but I like the overall package of
HyperSnap (which is more actively developed as well).

2 Replies Related Threads

ihQKXF
    User
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Capture native Windows Vista/7 shadow 2014/10/08 14:30:45 (permalink)
    Any update on if/when this might be added to HyperSnap 8 ?
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Capture native Windows Vista/7 shadow 2014/10/08 17:03:29 (permalink)
    I really don't know how to add _exactly_ the same shadow to a window, as Windows system applies - there seems to be no API call to query such parameters. However, you may add a shadow manually with Image - Shadow button. To get something similar to what Windows does, set the "Shadow Size" slider all the way to the left, Diffusion max to right, and tweak the Inner Shade to your liking. You may also set this effect to be applied automatically to all captures (within current session, if you exit and restart HyperSnap, the auto-add option is turned off).

This also has an effect of actually clearing background, if before this window capture you also chose "Clear transparency".

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1