Reply to post

PRint to PDF, with NO margins? (can't get rid of margins)

Author
aoz
User
  • Total Posts : 305
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2012/07/19 08:38:25 (permalink)

PRint to PDF, with NO margins? (can't get rid of margins)

dear support, and all -
I want to print to PDF;  I use PDF Factory PRO, works well.
HOWEVER, it seems that a MARGIN is forced, when I first scan, then PRINT to the PDF, so that the PDF image is smaller slightly than the SCANNED image.

I want to force a ZERO margin, so that a letter-sized scan, if priinted directly to PDF, is a ZERO margin also.

how to do so?
thanks
Nick

Please provide this additional data: 
Exact HyperSnap version in use (from Help/About menu): _latest minus 0.01_____ 
Windows version in use: ______ 

4 Replies Related Threads

Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re:PRint to PDF, with NO margins? (can't get rid of margins) 2012/07/19 10:21:04 (permalink)
    You can set margins to 0 in HyperSnap on "Page Setup" menu item (under File), but the driver enforces it to whatever it thinks is the minimum the printer needs ... I can't do anything about it. With HyperSnap 7, you could also save the image to PDF format, it will not have any margins then.

Greg
    aoz
    User
    Re:PRint to PDF, with NO margins? , QUIRK found 2012/07/22 08:28:44 (permalink)
    OK, found part of reason.

IF I have multiple images, SELECT them, right click, and PRINT SELECTED, and it states it wants to print to my canon printer, and I select PDF, I get a MARGIN, even though I wanted NO margin.

What I HAD to do FIRST was select ONE image, go to FILE -> PRINT, and it wanted to print to my canon;  at THAT point I select PDF, and it then reverts to ZERO margins (my PDF normal settings), and THEN I can PRINT SELECTED to PDF and NOT have any margins.

IF I don't do this, then even though I select PRINT SELECTED TO PDF, HSNAP is NOT detecting the margin settings of the PDF printer, it is staying with whatever earlier printer I was using for single prints

nick

Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re:PRint to PDF, with NO margins? , QUIRK found 2012/07/24 12:28:17 (permalink)
    That's better than on my machine - even if I follow your steps, the margins revert to 0.25 inches for PdfFactory printer. Oh, I see why - need to select File/Print..., select PdfFactory printer, then click the "Properties..." button. I get "pdfFactory Properties" window opened now, need to click "Metrics" tab. Here they have a "Margins" section, which were all set to 0.25 inches. When I reset them to 0, I can subsequently set 0 margins also in HyperSnap 7 "File/Page Setup" dialog.

Greg
    aoz
    User
    Re:PRint to PDF, with NO margins? , QUIRK found 2012/07/24 12:51:19 (permalink)
    go to  START -> Devices and Printers.
    Select your PDF printer.
    YOU MAY be alble to change the DEFAULT settings there, for the printer, to be "0" for left, right, top, bottom;  then you won't have to reset them inside Hypersnap (hypersnap starts with the defaults that you've defined for the printer).

THEN, that "0" setting will hold (I think) for anywhere that you use the PDF driver.
    nick

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1