Battery optimization stopping @Voice

Author
Bre27
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2019/10/11 13:47:41 (permalink)

Battery optimization stopping @Voice

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6/7 and my @Voice has stopped working in that no voice starts talking when I hit Play (and text is highlighted).

I did get/read the "@Voice stopped to 'save battery'" message and subsequent recommended solutions, and I think I've tried all of them/restarted my phone at least 6 times today and...still no voice. I'm super bummed out and need some extra brain power to figure this out.

2 Replies Related Threads

orineu
    User
    • Total Posts : 0
    Re: Battery optimization stopping @Voice 2019/10/12 01:33:24 (permalink)
    Did you recently perform the software upgrade? I wonder if there's an issue with the voice engines themselves after the upgrade. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the voice engine data, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Battery optimization stopping @Voice 2019/10/12 04:24:37 (permalink)
    Exactly, this appears to be a problem with the TTS voice you are using. I receive a lot of emails similar to this one recently.

Please first check if the phone is not in the “Do not disturb mode”. If not, most probably the TTS voice you’re using is damaged. Reboot device first, try. If still won’t work, Please press the round button with up arrow near bottom-right, then press the “Change voice or language” button. Select a different voice, best from a different company (you may download or buy other voices on Google Play, they work so much better than free Google Text-to-speech voices, e.g. Vocalizer TTS, Acapela TTS and many more). To fix the broken voice (most probably Google TTS, so many complaints about it recently), uninstall it, or uninstall its updates, reboot, install or update back from Google Play store.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1