How to install @Voice app on Kindle Fire
First, important notes:
Now, how to install @Voice on a Kindle Fire:
- The vast majority of ebooks in Amazon Kindle store are encrypted with DRM technology (Digital Rights Management) to prevent them from opening and reading by unlicensed users. Only the official Amazon Kindle apps and devices can properly open such ebooks, after they have been legally purchased from Amazon by the user logged into Kindle app or device. 3rd party programs (like @Voice app) are unable to open Kindle files, unless DRM protection is removed from them. We cannot legally advise on how to remove DRM.
- If you do have a Kindle ebook that is DRM-free (some are, and are marked that way in Kindle store), or managed to remove DRM yourself somehow, you may open it in @Voice app, as it supports now DRM free MOBI, AZW/AZW3 and EPUB formats.
It is possible to download atVoice.apk from this web site to install it on a Kindle Fire. The instructions below are based on my old Kindle Fire HDX 3rd Generation, running Fire OS version 220.127.116.11. - I don't have any other device to test, but hopefully other Kindles are similar enough:
- Unlock Kindle Fire and swipe your finger from the very top edge of screen down. A row of buttons appears, one of them is a gear icon with "Settings" description. Press it.
- On the "Settings" screen that appears, press "Applications"
- Find option described as "Apps from Unknown Sources", and turn it ON.
- Press the Home button at bottom center and start the web browser. On my device its described as "Silk Browser" at bottom left. Find your web browser, start it.
- In the address field at the top of the web browser type this address:
and press "Go" button at bottom-right
- On the page that appears, press the link described as "Download signed APK file directly from this server". This should download a file named atVoice.apk. If a prompt appears saying that this type of file can harm your device, still press OK.
- While still in your Silk browser, press the menu button (3 vertical dots at top right), then press "Downloads". You should see atVoice.apk file there just downloaded, and any other files you downloaded in the past.
- Press on atVoice.apk file. Kindle will change screen and ask "Do you want to install this application?" and some technical details. Press "Install" at bottom-right.
- Wait until install is finished and you'll have @Voice ready on your Kindle Fire.
If you find that the instructions for a different model of Kindle are different too, but you succeed in installing the app by your own wits, please post in this thread detailed instructions, together with the name/model of your device and the version of system. Other users will thank you!
post edited by Admin - 2017/09/20 17:41:36