Author
sibojan
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/05/11 13:40:03 (permalink)

[Bugs]HyperSnap would not save the sittings when turn off windows directly

I customized the HyperSnap toolbar and let it stay open in the system tray. However, after I log off windows and turn off the computer, all the personal sittings are lost. The only way to save the sittings is to restart HyperSnap manually after I made the customization. This is quite annoying.
post edited by sibojan - 2017/05/11 13:41:05

3 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: [Bugs]HyperSnap would not save the sittings when turn off windows directly 2017/05/11 15:15:26 (permalink)
    Yes, I try to save everything when Windows is shutting down, but they somehow fail to send me this notification often. The work-around is, set everything the way you want, then use File menu, Exit function in HyperSnap, it will save everything to the system registry and re-use the settings upon next start.
    sibojan
    User
    • Total Posts : 0
    Re: [Bugs]HyperSnap would not save the sittings when turn off windows directly 2017/05/13 21:32:03 (permalink)
    The sittings would not save even I changed it 10 minutes before shutting down computer. The workaround you suggested is very inconvenience. This bug has existed for a long time and was never fixed. What are upgrades for? not to fix bugs?
    aoz
    User
    • Total Posts : 305
    Re: [Bugs]HyperSnap would not save the sittings when turn off windows directly 2017/05/21 08:30:07 (permalink)
    sibojan,
    the EXIT method does actually work, (i've experimented with many different settings changes, etc, across some portable installations, so I've experienced some of this frustration).
    but, if you set up the screen/icons/menu's  the way you want them, then go to the EXIT function, it saves those to the registry.
    then, the next time you start this, it reads those settings.  AND, once you have the settings the way you want them, and they are IN the registry, then you do NOT have to re-do the EXIT function as long as you haven't re-customized any features.
    the only time you ahve to do the EXIT method is when you've made some custom changes to the menu, icons, etc.
    otherwise, the next time you start the machine, from when windows shut down, it should retrieve the same settings that were present when the machine shut down, from when you last changed any appearance of the program.
    hope this helps.
    nick

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1