Author
Jerry
User
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/01/09 12:56:01 (permalink)

How to cut out shapes precisely

I have an image, like the Twitter bird, with its blue color, inside an enclosing filled white square. That's how the image arrives to me.  How can I cut out the bird shape only and precisely, so I am left with just the bird shape alone, no enclosing square? 
Using Hypersnap 8.12.02 64bit on Windows 10 Pro

2 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: How to cut out shapes precisely 2017/01/09 14:33:20 (permalink)
    If the enclosing square is a solid white color - or any other color without variation, like a real photo background, it's pretty easy. Click the Image tab in HyperSnap 8, then "Substitute" button. Add a color replacement, and make the "old color" there white. Make sure it's the same white as on your bird background, best click the "Pick" tool next to "Old color" label, then click on this white background on your image. The "New color" does not matter, you may leave it white. Then also click to put check-mark into the "Set opacity of the new colors" box, and type 0 in the edit text box next to it. This will make the white color completely transparent. Click "Apply" and look at the result, if you accept it, click "Done". Now save your image as PNG file, with transparency. You may copy this bird image, then paste on another image (e.g. a photo) in HyperSnap 8, should work as you expect.

Greg
    Jerry
    User
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Scores: 0
    Re: How to cut out shapes precisely 2017/01/27 12:56:01 (permalink)
    Have to confess, I couldn't get this procedure to succeed and ended up working in PowerPoint 2016, which has a Remove Background function that worked exquisitely and more simply, plus for other images of this type where the backgrounds were not uniform.  I suppose it may be asking too much to add a simpler and more dedicated capability like this to HyperSnap without it veering too far into a full-fledged image-editing program.
    post edited by Jerry - 2017/01/27 13:00:10
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1