Reply to post

Now finding greyed out full screen effectively stops hypersnap on top layer, layer below

Author
hypersnappyguy
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/10/10 00:28:57 (permalink)

Now finding greyed out full screen effectively stops hypersnap on top layer, layer below

Sunday night, 10/09/2016.2305.CDT
Vivaldi Browser, 64-bit 1.4 began installing a new update when I was trying to copy the screen underneath; after Vivaldi displayed the 'greyed out full screen display' on top of which the green progress bar window was sitting to make Vivaldi update.
     At this point Hypersnap was installed, running but became ineffective; once the Vivaldi update was completed Hypersnap was again responsive, but the screen beneath the 'greyed out full screen' layer had disappeared.
     Could not capture, lost the screen text underneath, could not even have hypersnap copy the 'top screen' the green progress bar window sitting on top of the greyed out full screen blanket.
     Is it possible to have hypersnap (this is 64-bit version, 8.02.12 installed the end of the previous week) ''tuned'' by telling it which layer of the display to copy, or is there a patch or existing work around to allow hypersnap captures when another application throws up a 'greyed out full screen display'?
  Running Win7 HP_SP1 (64-bit) on 64-bit AMD quadcore locally build computer with 8GB of DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA graphics GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2048 MB gDDR5 on card; synced with another 2048 matching RAM;
Samsung 23 inch HD Flat Display w 1680 by 1050 resolution; Logitech Marble Mouse as well as Logitech wireless keyboard K400 with touchpad - alternate) main kb is original Microsoft Ergonomic KB; Logitech small home theater speaker system - L/R and subwoofer.  Samsung is dual function HD Computer Monitor and Television.

Not a graphics wiz, but this is a new problem for me.  Perhaps the suggested resolution would be to cancel the update until the screen capture was successfully done, or to increase the priority of Hypersnap via something like the SysInternal Process Explorer (procexp.exe?). Alternatively suggest a way to save or freeze the "underneath layer/screen display" until update has completed?  Or some way to do both, including the Hypersnap action on the 'bottom layer'?

Thanks, 

1 Reply Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Now finding greyed out full screen effectively stops hypersnap on top layer, layer bel 2016/10/10 07:42:01 (permalink)
    Hi,
    I really don't know what Vivaldi browser setup does to block all screen, mouse and keyboard information. Did you have HyperSnap hot keys active, and despite that they did not respond? A grayed out window indicates that they brought to front their own window, just showing on a grayed background what was originally on the desktop, so no mouse or normal keyboard interaction would be possible with other apps. Hot keys should still work, unless their Setup program specifically disabled all hot keys, in which case there is nothing I can do. Setup usually runs in Administrator mode, so can do a lot more to the system than normal programs. Maybe running HyperSnap in Administrator mode too would let it to respond to hot keys even then, but I cannot be sure.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1