Feature request: Ability to kill app from pulldown and lock screen

Author
jostwald
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/08/25 15:20:42 (permalink)

Feature request: Ability to kill app from pulldown and lock screen

Most audiobook players and music players, on their lock screen controls and pulldown screen controls, have a little x that lets you easily kill the program, but @voice does not.  

This seems like a tiny, unimportant feature, but my phone tends to turn itself on in my pocket, which inevitably leads to my book being read at some inopportune moment if I'm not careful to kill my reader program.  I used to deal with this by force-quitting @voice every time I stopped using it, but sadly, Android Marshmallow has made force-quitting much less streamlined so this is no longer a good option.

An alternate solution would be if killing the @voice app from the program list that you pull up by clicking at the bottom of the screen also killed the lock screen control panel, but it seems not to.

Thanks
John

2 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Feature request: Ability to kill app from pulldown and lock screen 2016/08/25 15:24:38 (permalink)
    Hi John,
    actually the "Stop" button in the notification and on the lock screen does this. If you app is reading aloud, the Stop button will only pause reading, but press it again, and it will kill the app and remove the notification or lock screen widget.

Greg
    jostwald
    User
    • Total Posts : 0
    Re: Feature request: Ability to kill app from pulldown and lock screen 2016/08/25 15:55:05 (permalink)
    Cool.   That unblocks me, thanks!  

I'll note that that's not super self-explanatory from a UI standpoint so you might want to consider putting in the x at some point anyway?

in any case, thanks, and thanks for a great program
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1