Reply to post

Capture Window or Control no longer works for me (Win 10 issue?)

Author
apolon
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/08/20 22:01:54 (permalink)

Capture Window or Control no longer works for me (Win 10 issue?)

Hi,

I don't use the Capture Window or Control option that often but its useful when needed. It is no longer able to select an individual window but instead only allows me to select the entire screen. I'm running the latest Windows 10 update at the time of writing ("anniversary edition"). Hypersnap 8.12.01 64 bit is in use. Its not absolutely certain but the issue may have been introduced with recent Windows 10 releases.

Regards,
Apolon.

1 Reply Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Capture Window or Control no longer works for me (Win 10 issue?) 2016/08/21 09:04:28 (permalink)
    Hello Apolon,
    It seems to me, also running on Windows 10 64-bit with the "anniversary edition" update, that the "select window" still works for most programs, particularly the older ones. It won't work for the Windows 10 "metro" aka. "modern" apps from Microsoft app store, except maybe for selecting the whole app window, when it's not maximized.

Buttons and individual controls in most Windows programs are no longer separate system windows, so @Voice cannot pick them up, although most buttons still can be captured with "capture button" function. I tried right now Ctrl+Shift+B to capture the "Submit Post" button and the sliley button on this page, while writing to you in Google Chrome browser, and the buttons were captured correctly. Ctrl+Shift+W (window capture) only captures the inside of the page from Chrome (or from Firefox browser, when HyperSnap Firefox plugin is installed), while MS Edge browser is the "modern" app, so "capture window" can only distinguish the entire Edge window, nothing inside it. Capture Button still works in Edge on most pages though, as it detects the difference in color when the cursor is over it, vs. away.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1