Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4

Author
balamh
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/08/11 12:28:35 (permalink)

Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4

Dear all, I've recently purchased a Motorola G4 Android phone and whenever I tap on the Sync articles with Pocket option nothing happens, my reading list remains empty. Am I missing something? What do you think could be causing this issue?

Many thanks and best wishes

5 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re: Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4 2016/08/11 13:19:28 (permalink)
    usually in such cases in the system log I see an error message that the Pocket user exceeded the hourly limit of transfer. Pocket server refuses then any connections. In version 9 of @Voice I will make the app show this error to the user to reduce the confusion. Please try to go to the main Pocket app, or www.getpockent.com web site, and clean up your main list there - archive most articles, or delete them, or something - leave only a reasonable number, like 10-20 articles on the main list. Then wait about 1 hour to let Pocket server reset your count of transfers, and try again.

Greg
    balamh
    User
    Re: Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4 2016/08/12 19:44:50 (permalink)
    Many thanks! Although that is quite inconvenient. Is there anyway in which we could have the "Quick: add all articles from Pocket local storage" back? That used to work amazingly well for me, since I do have a ton of articles in my pocket list. I couldn't really bring them down right now to 10 or 20.
    Best wishes
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4 2016/08/12 22:51:33 (permalink)
    You could try my current beta-test version where I fixed the problem of disabled "quick" Pocket sync on some phones, where it may work correctly. There are many phones though, where it will never work.
    As for the limites that Pocket company sets on their server transfers, it's all beyond my control. Talk to them.

Here is a link where you can choose to receive beta-test versions of @Voice from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hyperionics.avar

The current beta v. 9 requires first uninstall of older versions (8 and lower) before the system will let you install v9. The uninstall will not delete saved articles and reading lists. This is inconvenient, I know, needed for better modularization of the app in the future. But given the feedback from the beta-testers, I may reverse this decision and go back to normal no-uninstall upgrade for the final version 9, did not decide yet...
    balamh
    User
    Re: Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4 2016/08/16 19:11:02 (permalink)
    Many thanks! Installing the beta v. 9 brought quick Pocket sync back, which is just what I needed. I don't know what I'd do without your app and its functionality, which is why I purchased the license :)

Just a comment. I had to uninstall, use clean master, and then reinstall the beta to be able to access the Pocket settings. They would be constantly blocked by a text saying that I had already tried to download too many times from pocket, or something like that. And it wouldn't let me select quick sync. But it's all well now.

Best wishes
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Pocket sync doesn't work on Motorola G4 2016/08/18 07:33:17 (permalink)
    Thank you, I will investigate and try to fix this blocking of the setup screen with the error message. I did not know that this may happen, so your feedback is very important to me!

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1