Author
salski
User
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/06/16 17:22:53 (permalink)

Printing long receipts

Hi!  I have several businesses that send me electronic receipts (jpg) now instead of paper.  Great for storing/viewing but occasionally they need to be printed.  Since these receipts are usually very long, I'm having a lot of trouble printing them using HyperSnap 7.29.10 on a Windows 7 PC.  The most recent receipt was 420 by 2492.  I can't find any direct way of changing it so that it can print without cutting it into several different files.  Scale, split etc., nothing seems to work for me, so I hoped you might be able to help out.  There's gotta be a better way!!

Thx for your help! Appreciate it very much!
Sally

3 Replies Related Threads

TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: Printing long receipts 2016/06/16 23:59:43 (permalink)
    Hi Sally,

please adjust the Page Setup settings in the File menu.
    Set Scale option to 100 percent or any appropriate value.
    De-activate Aut fit if scale too large.
    HyperSnap will now use as many pages a needed.
     You can check  using the Print Preview. The preview will show you the amount of pages. You can also print into a PDF file (saves paper) to see the result.

If you regularly save the receipt files with specific filenames, you can use the header and footer function. Be aware, that HyperSnap regards any amount of pages as one page. So the Footer will appear on the last of x pages. If you use a header, it will appear on the first page (only).

Best
    Thomas
    The Lesser Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Printing long receipts 2016/06/17 02:45:01 (permalink)
    Also, "Auto-fit to Page Width" could be another good choice to try, if Scale 100% produced too many pages (say length-wide it would be 3 pages, but the image was too wide so HyperSnap wanted to print it on 6 pages instead to print what did not fit width-wise...)

Greg
    salski
    User
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Printing long receipts 2016/06/17 07:18:26 (permalink)
    Thanks Thomas and Greg!  What a quick response!  Your suggestion worked perfectly.  I don't know why I was having so much trouble with this.  I guess I was changing too many options at once.  Thanks again!
    Sally
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1