Reply to post

Is scanning possible via wireless or only with Twain scanners?

Author
hypersnappyguy
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/10/28 13:52:06 (permalink)

Is scanning possible via wireless or only with Twain scanners?

Hello,
Setting up, or trying to, for wireless, email and direct wireless printing for HP eAIO printer/scan/copier/fax and just discovered my HP eAIO without usb or other hard connection doesn't show up on "twain scanners." but it does show up in "Select" as "WIA" (sorry if typo that's what it looks like to visually impaired me);
1.  Since Hypersnap 8 has this "WIA" category for selecting scanner which is new to me, I selected it, but no Hypersnap scan takes place.
2.  I can scan from HP eAIO to USB attached, 
3.  I can scan from HP eAIO to computer,
]note both of these are done from keypad on HPeAIO[ but I will try next to verify I can scan from computer as well.

A.  Has anybody used the "WIA" option to select a scanner and been able to scan from the scanner wirelessly?

B. And if so, how did you set it up, or was choice in "Select" source for Hypersnap sufficient in and of itself?

Thanks,
supersnappy hyperfun guy

1 Reply Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Is scanning possible via wireless or only with Twain scanners? 2015/10/28 14:25:28 (permalink)
    The devices I have here provide both WIA and TWAIN drivers, and both work with HyperSnap. It should not matter if the device is connected with a USB cable or wireless - the device driver handles all communication between software on the computer and the device. If you cannot scan over TWAIN or WIA, maybe the drivers are missing or damaged?
    Also, are you using a 64-bit or 32-bit version of HyperSnap 8? Sometimes even on a 64-bit version of Windows, you may have only 32-bit WIA or TWAIN drivers for a device. Or it may be the other way round - your drivers are 64-bit, but you are using 32-bit version of HyperSnap, but this would happen less often. You could try to install the 32-bit (or 64-bit - the one you were not using so far) on your computer and see if that work better. You could also ask the device manufacturer for updated, 64-bit drivers etc.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1