Author
Inojim
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/09/21 12:53:49 (permalink)

Ctrl+Shift+R does not cross-window

I've been running HyperSnap 6 under Windows Vista for years, and love its convenience and functionality.  However, something has changed, and I don't know if it was because of a Windows update or what.

I have always been able to start HyperSnap, minimize it, and go to any other window of an open program (MS Word, Firefox browser, any graphic on the screen) and do a Ctrl+Shift+R to have HyperSnap come alive with cursors in that open window to capture an area to save.  But as of a few weeks ago this no longer works.  That keyboard shortcut merely causes whatever window I have open to refresh, but the HyperSnap cursors don't come up.  If the HyperSnap window is open, the command works, but my system no longer works "cross-platform" (between windows).  Although it's possible still to capture an area starting in the HyperSnap window, grabbing the cursor in the image, in a specific spot on the screen-of-interest is no longer possible.  Any help appreciated.
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Scores: 6
Re: Ctrl+Shift+R does not cross-window 2015/09/21 14:13:02 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Inojim 2015/09/21 14:31:06
Apparently you turned off hot keys. In the old HyperSnap 6 there is a toolbar button to turn them on and off, which could be accidentally clicked. If I remember right, it has an image of a keyboard key and a red star over it. Click it again to turn hotkeys on.

Greg
Inojim
User
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Scores: 0
Re: Ctrl+Shift+R does not cross-window 2015/09/21 14:30:51 (permalink)
Greg,  thanks so much, that did it!  I never really got deep into HyperSnap and, following your note, now have an idea of how to do even more things.  That little button did the trick, and now I think I can reassign another keystroke shortcut so that Capture Region doesn't interfere with similar keyboard shortcuts in other programs.  You're the man!

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1