Author
KevinLT
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/08/04 15:28:05 (permalink)

Hypersnap 6 - When starting a capture my windows resolution changes

Hi,  I recently reinstalled HS 6 and now when I start a region capture my window resolution changes (zooms in) on any application.  For example when I have Excel unzoomed to 70% so I can see everything in the window that I want to capture.  When I start a Region capture with CTRL-SHIFT-R my screen zooms in and turns full screen so much that half of the data/chart I want to capture is off the screen.  I cannot find a setting to prevent this in the capture settings.  Is there anything to prevent this?  I don't remember this problem in other versions.
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Scores: 6
Re: Hypersnap 6 - When starting a capture my windows resolution changes 2015/08/04 16:18:14 (permalink)
Which version of Windows are you using? Also, could you please reboot your computer and try again, see if that fixes the problem?

Greg
KevinLT
User
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Hypersnap 6 - When starting a capture my windows resolution changes 2015/08/04 17:18:55 (permalink)
I am using Windows 8.1 and my screen resolution is 1900x1080 in windows.  I have rebooted multiple times and the issue has persisted now since installing over 3 months ago.  I am just now getting around to asking the question as I have been using One Note screen caps until I can figure this out.  Thanks for helping.
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Scores: 6
Re: Hypersnap 6 - When starting a capture my windows resolution changes 2015/08/05 03:09:23 (permalink)
OK, understand. HyperSnap 6 is not compatible with Windows 8, it's old software released well before even Windows 7... When using HyperSnap 7 or 8 on Windows 8, similar issue occurs when you change Windows screen resolution (or font size), but don't log off or reboot right after that change. But things work right as soon as you log off and on again, or reboot, that's why I asked to try this with HyperSnap 6. 

Greg
SeanFromTX
User
  • Total Posts : 0
Re: Hypersnap 6 - When starting a capture my windows resolution changes 2017/08/30 18:31:30 (permalink)
NOTE: I initially posted this in the Unwanted "zoom" effect while making a capture (everything gets bigger on the screen) thread

I recently encountered this problem after receiving a new laptop with Windows 10 to replace my old Windows 7 one.  HyperSnap 6 worked great on my old laptop and HyperSnap 8 has not yet been made available to us an upgrade option and this problem basically rendered the software unusable for my needs.

With that said, I was able to work around the problem by disabling the display scaling on high DPI settings for the HyperSnap application (steps documented below).

1. Navigate to the folder where the HprSnap6.exe is located

2. Right-click on the executable and select "Properties"

3. Select the "Compatibility" tab

4. Select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

5. Click Apply and OK
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1