[FAQ]Reading Kindle ebooks with @Voice app

Author
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Reward points: 0
2015/03/13 13:06:21 (permalink)

Reading Kindle ebooks with @Voice app

I receive a lot of questions about reading Kindle ebook with my app. A vast majority of ebooks in Amazon Kindle store are encrypted with DRM technology (Digital Rights Management) to prevent them from opening and reading by unlicensed users. Only the official Amazon Kindle apps and devices can properly open such ebooks, after they have been legally purchased from Amazon by the user logged into Kindle app or device. 3rd party programs are unable to open Kindle files, unless DRM protection is removed from them. We cannot legally advise on how to remove DRM. Google it on your own if you want.

If you do have a Kindle ebook that is DRM-free (some are), or managed to remove DRM yourself somehow, you may open it in @Voice app, as it supports now DRM free MOBI, AZW/AZW3 and EPUB formats.

Please see this link, prepared by the author of the excellent Calibre ebook management software, for more information about DRM protection:

https://drmfree.calibre-ebook.com/about#drm

Also, some of you blame me that if you choose Share option in Kindle app and send to @Voice (or any other app that accepts this shared information), you only get a description of the book, and not the book itself. Please blame for this Amazon and Kindle app, not me. When they execute "Share" function, the book description is the only text they send to other apps.

Greg
post edited by Admin - 2021/03/11 13:15:19

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1