Author
mrmaxinwyoming
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/02/03 17:14:04 (permalink)

Color Substitution Problems

I have successfully captured numerous images and then used the "Substitute" button to change a color from white to a light blue. My images are text in black and white. My goal is to turn all the white area into the light blue color. This was working beautifully yesterday. All of a sudden, this no longer works. When I click the "Apply" button, the entire image seems to be overwritten with the light blue color. The text comes through but it is very faint.

I must have inadvertently changed a setting.

Any ideas?
Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Color Substitution Problems 2015/02/03 18:20:16 (permalink)
    I'm not sure what could be different. Could you completely exit HyperSnap through File/Exit menu, restart and try again - does the problem persist? If so, contact me by email and maybe send the image you want to recolor, saved as a PNG file. I could try the same operation and see what happens. Also tell me which version of HyperSnap exactly you are using, and what are all the settings on the "Substitute Colors" dialog box.
    Maybe you have added a color substitution there to also change black into light blue, just slightly darker than the background?

Greg
    mrmaxinwyoming
    User
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Color Substitution Problems 2015/02/03 18:24:30 (permalink)
    Thank you Greg,

You solved my problem. I didn't realize that all of the color substitutions in the menu would apply. I thought only the selected one would apply.

I have deleted all but one of the color substitutions and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for you help!
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Color Substitution Problems 2015/02/03 19:09:56 (permalink)
    I'm glad you figured it out, thank you!

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1