Author
pstary
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2014/10/28 01:10:25 (permalink)

Feature Requests

I have become very fond of HyperSnap to the extent it is now my "go to" image editor even though I have Photoshop open! It's quick and has the tools I need to annotate screen shots, re-size images, etc.

The one thing it does NOT have is a constrain key (usually the "shift" key) to constrain mouse movement to the X or Y axis, depending on the first move direction. I am so used to this in other programs, I really miss it.

Please consider adding this feature. 

Thanks very much.

3 Replies Related Threads

Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Feature Requests 2014/10/28 08:48:54 (permalink)
    For which operation do you mean this function to work? HyperSnap has some of this functionality, e.g. during region capture you may press X or Y keys to restrict (and upon 2nd press unlock) the region sizing only to horizontal or vertical. also for drawing lines and arrows in HyperSnap drawing editor, you may hold the Shift key to restrict lines to horizontal or vertical only, or 45 degrees from these directions either way. During shape drawing like rectangles, rounded rectangles and ellipses, holding shift restricts to drawing square or circle shapes. For which operations exactly do you need this restriction most, where it currently is not present?

Greg
    pstary
    User
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Feature Requests 2014/10/28 10:53:54 (permalink)
    Hi Greg,

Did not know that about pressing the X & Y key during Region capture. Very nice feature! Guess I should read the manual!

I would like the "shift key down" to Constrain any movement of the following objects to the X or Y axis.
    • A selection of the drawing region using the "Select" tool.
    • Any selected object before you Imprint it, including pasted objects.
    • A selected text box.
    Also, forgot to mention a Duplicate function. Many other graphics editors use the Control or Control-Alt keys to convert a drag into a Duplicate-drag. If the shift-key is pressed right after the start of this drag, the Duplicate will be contained to the direction of the initial move, either horizontal or vertical.
    • Would also like a keyboard command to create a Duplicate of any selected object. 
    • The Duplicate should be exactly on top of the original so it can be dragged with the shift key to maintain alignment with the original.
    • Pressing the keyboard command for Duplicate with the duplicated object selected, will create another copy with the same offset (x,y) that was just applied to the first Duplicate, unless the user clicks the mouse after dragging the first Duplicate which deselects the duplicated object and reset the offset to (0,0).
    Finally, I only discovered the Nudge command yesterday (after many years of using HyperSnap) while checking the Forum for prior posts about my topic. Why require the user to press the Enter key to initiate and cancel the "nudge" mode? Is there some reason why just pressing the arrow keys when any object is selected should not nudge it?

Also, would be deluxe to offer a setting to change the default Nudge value from 1 px to whatever number of pixels the users desires. This would provide another way to generate "offset" duplicates, and also at a specific location.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 275
    • Scores: 6
    Re: Feature Requests 2014/10/28 13:38:55 (permalink)
    Brief answer for now, the Duplicate selection function is there in HyperSnap 7 and 8. Outline any selection, then move it without holding any keyboard keys, the selected area is filled with the current background color (erased) as you move the selection.

Do the same, then start moving selection while holding Ctrl key, and you'll have the duplicate.

The "Nudge" is a more general function, it emulates any mouse operations with keyboard. When you move the mouse without pressing any buttons on it, it just moves the pointer. Same with the keyboard arrow keys. You need to press the left mouse button to move anything. Enter key actually toggles between the pressed and released state of the mouse left button, and then, whatever you do with the arrow keys is the same as moving the mouse with LMB pressed.

Duplicating objects - click to select any object(s) (hold Ctrl when clicking on objects to select more than one). Then press Ctrl+C to copy them, followed by Ctrl+V to paste them. They are pasted at a slight offset to the right and down to make it more obvious what happened. Press Ctrl+V several times to paste the same objects multiple times.

Also: right click any selected objects to discover a menu of additional functions, including aligning them etc.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1