Jerry_9999
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2014/05/16 05:31:17 (permalink)

HyperSnap-DX v5 Save Error

Hi

Getting the following error whilst trying to save.

"Error no. -16 has occurred:
Not availale for file format requested"

This happens immediately after hitting "Save". It doesnt seem to make a difference what file format is selected. I noticed that a 0K file is created in the save location. The initial analysis suggested NTFS permissions, however these would appear to be correctly configured with read/write/modify to the location.

Wondering if anyone has perhaps seen this before, or could provide translation of the specific issue from the error message. Any information would be greatly appreciated. The current version is 5.20.00

Thanks in advance

J

2 Replies Related Threads

TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: HyperSnap-DX v5 Save Error 2014/05/19 05:52:13 (permalink)
    Hello Jerry,

a quick googling did not procure any Error 16 mixed with the error message. I assume from past experiences, it has something to do with the programming language HS 5 was coded in.

I would need more information on your configuration to get an idea, if HS, your OS or some other component may be responsible.

1. what format did you try to save (jpg, png etc.)
    2. where did you want to save to (exact location (omitting names, if wanted)
    3. which operating system
    4. user or admin rights
    5. when did that first happen. What is different than before

Some hints to do a counter-test:
    try to save to another hard disk and / or folder
    try to save as standard jpg
    try to save to an USB stick formatted with FAT32

If any of this works, I guess, you try to save to a folder, normally prohibited by the OS. Example: you can't save a language file to c:\programs\appname\languages. You'll have to save it to your doc-folder, copy it and paste it to the target folder. AND you have to have admin rights to paste it.

I very much assume, you try to save to a system folder that requires special rights.

Best
    Thomas
    The Lesser Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    Jerry_9999
    User
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: HyperSnap-DX v5 Save Error 2014/05/19 10:55:18 (permalink)
    Hi Thomas

Appreciate your quick response. We initially tried searching the web but had the same issue, in that nothing specific was returned. The problem happens no matter what specific file type is selected. Jpg, bmp and png have all been chosen. This makes no difference to the outcome.

I have tried saving to a mapped drive, both the user and machine have access to the remote location. We initially thought the problem was related to ntfs permissions and so tried moving this to the local user profile and another location. I will try another couple of tests based around the location to which the file is saved (creating and moving to a new shared folder) as I suspect this may be the issue

The OS is Windows 7 x64 and is running on a Hyper-V virtual machine

Thanks

J
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1