Author
rkesmodel
User
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2014/03/13 12:31:33 (permalink)

Shapes disappear during zooming

I selected an area of an image and moved it slightly.  I think this was around magnification at 200%.  I was zooming in to accurately select a new area to move below the first.  At 400% the originally moved selection was visible.  At 500% it disappeared.  At 400% it reappeared.  I would attach an image but I couldn't figure out how to.  I wanted to just browse to the image on my hard drive, but don't see a way to do that.

Thanks.

Roy

8 Replies Related Threads

rkesmodel
    User
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/13 12:45:08 (permalink)
    Update - all objects, including text, placed in the image disappear at zoom level 500%
    Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/13 13:30:10 (permalink)
    This is intentional, I assume that at this zoom level you want to edit individual pixels. Imprint the shapes you want to see there, otherwise they are not yet part of the underlying image and you can't edit pixels in them.

Greg
    rkesmodel
    User
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/13 14:39:31 (permalink)
    I see.  But this presents a problem with moving small objects.  I have some small circles (5x5 pixels).  I can never get the mouse cursor to be in 'move' mode.  It is either rotate or resize.
    Also, I resized the canvas (which always resizes down or to the left, is there a way toadd 'white space' to the top or right) then rubberbanded the image to move it down (to give me 'white' space at the top).  Now it is also an object (the whole thing) and disappears at 500%.  Do I need to go through the tutorials before I start using HS7?  It has some nice features I need now, like aligning objects.
    TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/13 17:34:02 (permalink)
    As you can choose any size, try something like 450 to 499. Reduce by one or ten, when shapes first disappear.
    I hope, 1 to 10% difference should still be big enough to edit or move the shapes.
    Thomas
    The Lesser Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    rkesmodel
    User
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/14 19:12:48 (permalink)
    Well, I don't know about other versions, but in 7.28.02 I cannot type any size I want into the Zoom drop down on the ribbon.  If I type anything other than the given choices nothing happens.  I tried this with both Jpeg and dhs files.  Also, when I opened a saved dhs file and went up to the 400% level I cannot scroll across the whole image horizontally (vertically, yes, not horizontally).  I also just discovered that if "Fit" is chosen in the drop down, Ctrl-mouse scroll with the Magnify tool stops working.  Right and left click with the magnify tool still work, just not Ctrl-scroll.

Roy
    TomD101
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 303
    • Scores: 5
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/15 06:18:53 (permalink)
    Hi Roy,
    please try the following. Do NOT use the dropdown arrow, just enter a value into the zoom field. Whether you add the % or not, does not matter.
    If you set the value to fit - or any other value - you FIRST have to click into the picture to activate the canvas window. THEN Ctrl-and Mousewheel will work.
    Too, after activating the canvas, you can click and draw a picture larger than your screen and draw into all directions. This and scroll bars work automatically with large or zoomed pictures.

Hope it helps.

Thomas
    The Lesser Admin

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
    (52 > max. 0)
    rkesmodel
    User
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/20 15:04:54 (permalink)
    I tried that before and just double-checked.  Typing any value into the zoom field, even the pre-defined values, has NO effect.  I tried clicking on the image before and after, typing in a value and hitting Enter (no response), and clicking on the image, highlighting and typing a new value in the zoom field then clicking on the image.  I could not get the zoom to change except by using the drop-down menu or Ctrl-scroll.
    Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re: Shapes disappear during zooming 2014/03/20 18:25:13 (permalink)
    It is capricious... When I got to testing this, also typing a number and pressing Enter had no effect. Then I changed zoom with the drop down menu, then tried typing again and now it works. Strange. Anyway, maybe I should change the code to not auto-hide the shapes any more under large zooms. Will try to do this in the next version.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1