Author
aforkes
User
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2013/09/10 09:03:35 (permalink)

Auto PNG file save problem under Windows XP SP3

I have setup HyperSnap to automatically save snaps to a file.
I eventually found out how to set the filetype to something other than the .dhs format, and choose .png  (File -> Save As -> Save Settings)
Now files are saved automatically as .png file types ... only problem is, they don't seem to be valid PNG files   They won't preview, open, or view in any program I care to use.

If someone could let me know where I can email an example I'm happy to send a few to see what the issue is.

Have to say HyperSnap is one of the most useful programs I have ever purchased - thank you guys, keep up the great work!
Best
Andrew

4 Replies Related Threads

Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re:Auto PNG file save problem under Windows XP SP3 2013/09/10 11:23:00 (permalink)
    Hi,
    maybe you are still saving DHS files, just changed the name to end with .png? You should do this:

1. Click "Capture Settings" button on the "Capture" ribbon tab.
    2. Click the "Quick Save" tab
    3. Put check-mark into "Automatically save each capture to a file field.
    4. Click the "Change" button next to "File Name:" field
    5. In the "Save As" window that appears now, navigate to a folder where you want to save your files, and enter the base file name, e.g. "MySnap".
    6. Click into "Save as type:" field below "File name" field, and select "Portable Graphics PNG" file format.
    7. Click "Save" button
    8. Click OK in "Capture Settings" window.

Now the program will save valid PNG files.

Greg
    aforkes
    User
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Auto PNG file save problem under Windows XP SP3 2013/09/10 11:44:26 (permalink)
    Worked a treat.  Thank you.

Best
    Andrew

jlewis
    User
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Auto PNG file save problem under Windows XP SP3 2014/07/31 14:16:57 (permalink)
    Support
    7. Click "Save" button
    8. Click OK in "Capture Settings" window.

My experience with 7.29.02:
    I am presented .png as default. If I use Save as "jpeg" (.jpg), the current capture is saved as ,jpg, (I don't see  "Capture Settings" window) and I am still presented .png at the next capture. What I am looking for is a default "save as .jpg"

Support
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 4492
    • Scores: 29
    Re:Auto PNG file save problem under Windows XP SP3 2014/08/01 08:40:15 (permalink)
    Maybe you have automatic saving to PNG enabled? If you have a file that was previously saved as PNG (or any other format), or an image opened from a PNG file, then Save As will default to that format, instead of previously used. Check under Capture Settings - Quick Save...

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1